Employment and Counselor In Training
Parents consistently ask "What makes Adventure Day Camp so special? " and "What separates Adventure Day Camp from other camp programs?". Both questions can easily be answered with THREE words...OUR AMAZING STAFF!
Each summer, we build a team of creative, diverse, hardworking, fun, experienced, and positive individuals that will lead our campers through the Adventure Day Camp Program. Are you excited to join our team? We can't wait to meet you. We will start interviewing in early February.
Successful applicants will joining a team of 3-5 other Program Directors to assist with the overall operations of the entire camp program including supervision of staff, implementation of the camp schedule, and program operations. Program Directors report to the Camp Director.
Must be 20 year or older
Available from approximately May 24th - August 8th, M -F from approximately 8:30 am - 5 pm
- At least 1 year working in a summer camp or similar envirmonment
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Has a valid Class C Drivers License with the ability to upgrade to a Class B Commercial Drivers License (camp provides training and licensing)
Our activities specialist and assistants generally focus on a few specific activities they have adequate experience in.
Must be 17 years or older
Available from approximately June 1st - August 6th, M -F from approximately 8:30 am - 5 pm
Experience in one of the following activities: Mt Biking, Sailing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Woodworking, Skateboarding, Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Sports, Science, Music, Archery
Able to lead or assist in these areas
Experience working with children
Camp Counselor & Driver
Same as Camp Counselor description above with added driving responsibilities.
Drivers are required to be 20 years of age
Posses a valid, CDL with the ability to train and obtain a Commercial Drivers License. Adventure Day Camp provides training and licensing for Commercial licensing
Available from May 21, 2022 (not full time until June 6th) - August 6, 2022. M - F from approximately 8-5 pm each day
-Ability to pass a pre employment and random drug test
Adventure Day Camp is looking for an experienced Lifeguard to assist with our kayaking, canoeing and sailing programs. Applicants would be out on the san pablo reservoir, with the boating groups to assist if needed.
17 years or older
Lifeguard certified (waterfront preferred), First Aid and CPR certified
Can commit Monday - Friday from June 5th - August 6th. Part time hours available.
Ability to help lift 1 and 2 person kayaks and regular size canoes
A Camp Counselor is responsible in leading a group of 8-14 children grouped by age, through the day’s wide array of activities.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Available from approximately June 1st - August 6th, M -F from approximately 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Responsible for leading a group of 10-14 children, grouped by age, through the day’s wide array of activities
- Experience and skills in a majority of the activities
offered in our program
- Creative, positive, and flexible
- Extensive experience working with children
- CPR & First Aid Certification included